By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Media HydeMedia Hyde
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Font ResizerAa
Media HydeMedia Hyde
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Follow US
© 2026 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.
informationinternational

Oman Sets Four-Day Holiday for Eid Al Adha

Last updated: May 21, 2026 4:13 pm
Ayan Ahmed
Share
SHARE

 

Oman’s government has confirmed a four-day public holiday for Eid Al Adha, covering both the public and private sectors. The break begins on Sunday, June 16, and runs through Wednesday, June 19.

Employees will return to their desks on Thursday, June 20. Because the holiday period connects with the preceding weekend, most workers in the Sultanate will effectively enjoy a six-day stretch away from the office.

The announcement came via a circular issued by the Ministry of Labour, following directives from His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tariq. While the dates are fixed for administrative purposes, the ministry noted that employers and employees may agree to work during the holiday if the nature of the job demands it—provided that compensation is handled in line with the Sultanate’s labour laws.

For the private sector, the holiday serves as a mandatory break. Companies operating in essential services, however, often maintain skeleton crews to ensure infrastructure, healthcare, and logistics continue without interruption.

This year’s timing aligns with the broader regional observance of the Hajj pilgrimage. As millions of Muslims converge on Makkah, the holiday period in Oman serves as a cultural and religious pause, shifting the focus from corporate operations to family gatherings and the traditional ritual of sacrifice.

The stock market and banking sectors will observe the same closure, with operations set to resume fully on Thursday morning.

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article PM Shehbaz Sharif to Begin High-Stakes China Visit on May 23
Next Article Headline: Musk Targets 10,000 Annual SpaceX Launches to Industrialize Earth’s Orbit
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Ads

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
WhatsAppFollow
ThreadsFollow
Islamabad High Court rebukes accountability judge over £190 million case delays
Court & Crime Headline
May 21, 2026
Gaza Flotilla Activists Deported From Israel as Backlash Over Treatment Grows
Headline international
May 21, 2026
Trump Set to Roll Back HFC Rules, Targeting Key Climate Regulations
Climate and Weather Headline
May 21, 2026
Warmer Oceans, Stronger Storms: The Science Behind Modern Hurricanes
Climate and Weather
May 21, 2026
Queen Maeve’s long absence from The Boys wasn’t just about plot. It also came down to actress Dominique McElligott stepping away from acting, according to showrunner Eric Kripke, who said the team did try to bring her back before the series wrapped up. In a new interview cited by Entertainment Weekly, Kripke said he reached out to McElligott early enough to know whether the writers should build toward a return. His account was pretty straightforward: he asked whether she’d be open to coming back for a day, but she declined, saying she had “kind of retired from acting” and was also unavailable on the relevant dates. Kripke described the exchange as respectful and completely non-dramatic. That fresh explanation adds a real-world layer to a character exit that, story-wise, had already been carefully mapped out years earlier. Back in 2022, after Maeve’s apparent farewell in the Season 3 finale, Kripke told TVLine that he never planned to kill her off. Instead, he said the series had been “intentionally building to a happy ending” for Maeve from the very beginning, arguing that the character had earned some peace after everything she’d been through. That older comment matters, because it explains why Maeve didn’t simply get dragged back into the chaos for one more big superhero swing. In Kripke’s view, her arc had already landed where it was supposed to land: alive, out of the spotlight, and reunited with Elena. He also made clear at the time that he did not want to fall into the well-known “Bury Your Gays” trope by killing off a bisexual character for dramatic effect. So the absence ends up being the result of two overlapping realities. One is creative: Kripke believed Maeve’s story had already reached its intended emotional conclusion. The other is practical: when there was a chance to bring her back briefly, McElligott was no longer acting. Even so, Kripke said the show still wanted Maeve to be felt in the final stretch. He explained that the recaps and references were meant as a kind of tribute, framing Maeve as part of a lineage of powerful women in the series — with that thread passing through Annie and beyond. In other words, Maeve may not have physically returned, but the show didn’t want viewers to forget what she represented. For fans, that probably won’t erase the disappointment. Maeve was one of the show’s most complicated and compelling figures, and plenty of viewers hoped she’d reappear before the end. Still, Kripke’s explanation makes one thing pretty clear: her absence wasn’t about the character being discarded. It was the combination of a completed arc and an actor who, by Kripke’s account, had moved on.
‘The Boys’ Creator Says Queen Maeve’s Absence Wasn’t a Story Snub — It Became a Real-World One
Lifestyle
May 21, 2026
Saudi Riyal Stays Above Rs75 in Pakistan Open Market on May 21
Saudi Riyal Stays Above Rs75 in Pakistan Open Market on May 21
Business & Commerce pakistan
May 21, 2026

You Might Also Like

Who is Cole Tomas Allen? What early reporting says about the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting suspect
Court & Crimeinternational

Who is Cole Tomas Allen? What early reporting says about the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting suspect

By
Mabruka Khan
Germany’s Merz says Iran is humiliating US as talks stall
international

Germany’s Merz says Iran is humiliating US as talks stall

By
Mabruka Khan
Ben-Gvir Condemned After Taunting Handcuffed Gaza Flotilla Activists
international

Ben-Gvir Condemned After Taunting Handcuffed Gaza Flotilla Activists

By
Yamna Shahid
Greece investigates mystery naval drone found in Ionian Sea
international

Greece investigates mystery naval drone found in Ionian Sea

By
Mabruka Khan
Media Hyde Media Hyde Dark
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

Media Hyde Network: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 News.

Top Categories
  • Headline
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Religious
  • Metropolitan
  • Climate and Weather
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookies Policy
  • Advertising Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?