By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Media HydeMedia Hyde
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Font ResizerAa
Media HydeMedia Hyde
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Follow US
© 2026 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.
Politics

Trump Says Planned Iran Strike Was Delayed After Gulf Allies Asked for More Time

Last updated: May 19, 2026 11:08 am
Aqil Rahman
Share
SHARE

Washington: U.S. President Donald Trump has said he postponed a planned military attack on Iran, originally expected on Tuesday, after Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates urged Washington to give diplomacy a little more breathing room.

Speaking on Monday, Trump said “serious negotiations” were now taking place and claimed there was a “very good chance” of reaching an agreement with Tehran over its nuclear programme. He also warned, though, that the U.S. military remained ready if talks collapsed. Reuters reported that the delay followed a new Iranian proposal, communicated through Pakistan, while Gulf leaders pressed the White House to pause military action for two to three days.

The planned strike had not been formally announced before Trump’s remarks, but the president said U.S. forces had been instructed to prepare for a large-scale assault. According to AP, Trump told reporters that Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE believed a possible peace deal was close enough to justify holding back the attack.

The sudden pause comes after weeks of dangerous escalation across the region. Reports say Iran and allied militias have been blamed for drone and missile attacks on Gulf targets, including an incident near the UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant. The Guardian, citing the IAEA, reported that power was later restored at the facility after the strike.

Iran, for its part, has not sounded like a country ready to surrender. President Masoud Pezeshkian said “dialogue does not mean surrender,” according to Al Jazeera, adding that Tehran entered talks while preserving what it calls the nation’s rights. Iranian military officials also warned that any fresh U.S. or allied attack would trigger a forceful response.

At the centre of the standoff is Iran’s nuclear programme. Trump said any deal must ensure “no nuclear weapons for Iran,” while Reuters reported that Washington may be weighing limited relief measures, including partial access to frozen Iranian assets and room for restricted peaceful nuclear activity. Nothing is settled yet, and frankly, that’s the whole problem: both sides are talking, but both are also keeping their weapons close.

The Gulf states’ intervention shows how worried regional capitals have become about a wider war. Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE have deep security ties with Washington, but they also know they could be the first to feel the blowback if U.S.-Iran fighting spreads across the Gulf.

For now, the attack is on hold. Not cancelled. That distinction matters.

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Brush Fire Near Los Angeles Forces Thousands to Evacuate Brush Fire Near Los Angeles Forces Thousands to Evacuate
Next Article NA clears bills on bank-loan recovery, airports authority changes NA clears bills on bank-loan recovery, airports authority changes
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Ads

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
WhatsAppFollow
ThreadsFollow
11 Karachi SHOs Removed Amid Ongoing Internal Inquiries
Breaking
May 20, 2026
NextEra’s Pursuit of Dominion Energy Faces Hurdles Over Data Center Power Demands
Business & Commerce Headline
May 20, 2026
Extortionists return to Karachi with threats, bullets and fear among traders
Extortionists return to Karachi with threats, bullets and fear among traders
Court & Crime Headline
May 20, 2026
Driver in deadly Sea View hit-and-run still at large as police impound Revo vehicle
Driver in deadly Sea View hit-and-run still at large as police impound Revo vehicle
Court & Crime Headline
May 20, 2026
BTS Named Among Guinness World Records 2026 ‘ICONS’ in Historic First for K-pop
BTS Named Among Guinness World Records 2026 ‘ICONS’ in Historic First for K-pop
Entertainment
May 20, 2026
Scientists drill 3,000 feet into Antarctica’s Thwaites Glacier in risky race against melting ice
Scientists drill 3,000 feet into Antarctica’s Thwaites Glacier in risky race against melting ice
Climate and Weather Headline
May 20, 2026

You Might Also Like

Politics

Federal Government Weighs Handing BISP Control to Provinces

By
Ayan Ahmed
Politics

Islamabad Court Issues Arrest Warrant for KP CM Ali Amin Gandapur

By
Hannan Kaimkhani
Politics

Middle East on the Brink: Iran Launches Missile Barrage at Isr@el in Escalating Conflict

By
Hannan Kaimkhani
Politics

Farooq Sattar Claims Credit for Empowering Zardari and Bilawal in the 7th NFC Award

By
Aiza Uddin
Media Hyde Media Hyde Dark
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

Media Hyde Network: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 News.

Top Categories
  • Headline
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Religious
  • Metropolitan
  • Climate and Weather
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookies Policy
  • Advertising Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?