By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Media HydeMedia Hyde
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Font ResizerAa
Media HydeMedia Hyde
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Blogs
  • Business & Commerce
  • Others
    • Religious
    • Metropolitan
    • Climate and Weather
Follow US
© 2026 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.
Headlineinternational

Gaza Flotilla Activists Deported From Israel as Backlash Over Treatment Grows

Last updated: May 21, 2026 9:20 pm
Haris Ali
Share
SHARE

Israel has deported hundreds of foreign activists detained after its forces intercepted a Gaza-bound flotilla, as international criticism grows over the treatment of those taken into custody.

The activists were part of an aid mission attempting to challenge Israel’s naval blockade of Gaza and deliver humanitarian supplies to the besieged territory. Israeli authorities said the participants were processed for deportation after being brought ashore.

The incident drew wider backlash after footage circulated showing detained activists handcuffed and seated on the ground. Several countries raised concern over the handling of their citizens, while rights groups and pro-Palestinian campaigners condemned the arrests.

Israeli officials defended the interception, saying the flotilla violated security restrictions and that aid should enter Gaza through approved channels. Activists, however, argued that their mission was peaceful and aimed at drawing attention to the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

The deportations come amid continued international scrutiny of Israel’s military campaign in Gaza and growing pressure for expanded humanitarian access to the enclave.

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Trump Set to Roll Back HFC Rules, Targeting Key Climate Regulations
Next Article Islamabad High Court rebukes accountability judge over £190 million case delays
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sponsored Ads

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
WhatsAppFollow
ThreadsFollow
Rubio Warns Iran’s Strait of Hormuz Toll Plan Could End Diplomatic Deal Hopes
Headline international
May 21, 2026
Pakistan Unveils New Rs75 Commemorative Coin to Mark ‘Marka-e-Haq’ and Independence Day
Pakistan Unveils New Rs75 Commemorative Coin to Mark ‘Marka-e-Haq’ and Independence Day
Economy pakistan
May 21, 2026
Islamabad High Court rebukes accountability judge over £190 million case delays
Court & Crime Headline
May 21, 2026
Trump Set to Roll Back HFC Rules, Targeting Key Climate Regulations
Climate and Weather Headline
May 21, 2026
Warmer Oceans, Stronger Storms: The Science Behind Modern Hurricanes
Climate and Weather
May 21, 2026
Queen Maeve’s long absence from The Boys wasn’t just about plot. It also came down to actress Dominique McElligott stepping away from acting, according to showrunner Eric Kripke, who said the team did try to bring her back before the series wrapped up. In a new interview cited by Entertainment Weekly, Kripke said he reached out to McElligott early enough to know whether the writers should build toward a return. His account was pretty straightforward: he asked whether she’d be open to coming back for a day, but she declined, saying she had “kind of retired from acting” and was also unavailable on the relevant dates. Kripke described the exchange as respectful and completely non-dramatic. That fresh explanation adds a real-world layer to a character exit that, story-wise, had already been carefully mapped out years earlier. Back in 2022, after Maeve’s apparent farewell in the Season 3 finale, Kripke told TVLine that he never planned to kill her off. Instead, he said the series had been “intentionally building to a happy ending” for Maeve from the very beginning, arguing that the character had earned some peace after everything she’d been through. That older comment matters, because it explains why Maeve didn’t simply get dragged back into the chaos for one more big superhero swing. In Kripke’s view, her arc had already landed where it was supposed to land: alive, out of the spotlight, and reunited with Elena. He also made clear at the time that he did not want to fall into the well-known “Bury Your Gays” trope by killing off a bisexual character for dramatic effect. So the absence ends up being the result of two overlapping realities. One is creative: Kripke believed Maeve’s story had already reached its intended emotional conclusion. The other is practical: when there was a chance to bring her back briefly, McElligott was no longer acting. Even so, Kripke said the show still wanted Maeve to be felt in the final stretch. He explained that the recaps and references were meant as a kind of tribute, framing Maeve as part of a lineage of powerful women in the series — with that thread passing through Annie and beyond. In other words, Maeve may not have physically returned, but the show didn’t want viewers to forget what she represented. For fans, that probably won’t erase the disappointment. Maeve was one of the show’s most complicated and compelling figures, and plenty of viewers hoped she’d reappear before the end. Still, Kripke’s explanation makes one thing pretty clear: her absence wasn’t about the character being discarded. It was the combination of a completed arc and an actor who, by Kripke’s account, had moved on.
‘The Boys’ Creator Says Queen Maeve’s Absence Wasn’t a Story Snub — It Became a Real-World One
Lifestyle
May 21, 2026

You Might Also Like

LHC suspends defamation case verdict against Meesha Shafi to the extent of payment of damages
Court & CrimeHeadline

LHC suspends defamation case verdict against Meesha Shafi to the extent of payment of damages

By
Ayesha Masood
international

Mali Defence Minister Killed in Rebel Assault as Security Crisis Deepens

By
Syed Jarri Abbas
Hantavirus Outbreak Risk to Public ‘Absolutely Low’
HeadlineHealth

Hantavirus Outbreak Risk to Public ‘Absolutely Low’

By
Ayesha Masood
President Ramaphosa suspends police commissioner Fannie Masemola following court charges
HeadlinePolitics

President Ramaphosa suspends police commissioner Fannie Masemola following court charges

By
Ayesha Masood
Media Hyde Media Hyde Dark
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

Media Hyde Network: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 News.

Top Categories
  • Headline
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Religious
  • Metropolitan
  • Climate and Weather
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookies Policy
  • Advertising Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 Media Hyde Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?